Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday?

I seriously have no idea what day it is...it is Saturday, right? When Mike was in California, it felt the same way. All the days just rolled together, into and over one another until I had no idea what day I was dealing with! With Mike off of work for several days, having him home really messes with my internal clock. I've thought "tomorrow" was going to be Monday for the past 2 days-and "tomorrow", it still won't be Monday! Am I confusing you yet? No? Darn.

We had a lovely Christmas at home with the girls Christmas morning, promptly followed by Christmas with my family over at my brother's home at 9:30am and then over the river and through the woods to my Grandparent's home for Christmas at 3:00pm. All the food was great, the gifts never-ending and the time with family was priceless. Every member of my immediate family was in attendance! The girls did really well and we had almost no conflicts the entire day-a real Christmas miracle!

The dollhouse that Lauren and Tara got from Santa was by far the biggest hit and they haven't stopped playing with it since. Mike and I both received many of the things on our wish lists and couldn't be happier. You know, I do enjoy opening gifts but what I really like is watching other people open theirs. There's just something about seeing smile, after smile, after smile in succession-you can't help but be touched by the joy they are radiating. It's just plain wonderful. I love Christmas. Yes, I do!

***I'll try to get some photos posted of the girls opening some of their gifts in the next day or two, so stayed tuned!

No comments: