Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's a Jungle in Here!

I have been able to actually get a lot of work done around the house in the past several days. While we were gone, the wall stickers that I ordered for the girls room arrived and I was anxious to put them up. I'm really happy with the results and it was super easy. My favorite was when Mike came home, looked into the room, and asked if we could get more! Absolutely, Honey! The Wall-Pops Zoology also come with Giraffes, Lions and Elephants in the jungle series and they also have a farm series as well.


Finally sorted through all the bills and paperwork strewn throughout the house and assorted boxes. My big task yesterday was cleaning out the girls closet and sorting through all their clothes. Yes, all of them. I hung all the winter/cold weather clothes that I thought might still fit them later this year on one end, all the long-sleeved shirts and such on the other and Summer clothes in the middle. Mike helped install another self and bar last night so I could hang all their shorts, skirts and pants on that level. The closet looks great, neat and organized.

Then, I sorted all the remaining clothes into 3 totes. My e-Bay tote, that contains 2 matching/identical/coordinating outfits that are both in great shape, for me to sell later. A garage sale/donate tote with stained, mismatched or not-in-such-perfect shape clothes and a give-away tote with good-or-better outfits that I can give to my niece or friends' kids. That was a big task that am I SO HAPPY to have completed. However, I'm not so excited about working on our closets but it's gotta be done. Too many clothes that we don't wear, don't fit us or we just plain don't want.

Mike also got the entertainment center and TV all hooked up and rewired last night and moved into place. It looks great and fits perfectly in our living room. Once he moved it back against the wall, it opened up the room and I didn't feel like I was sitting 12 inches from the screen. Now, it's more like 10 ft. Much better.

This weekend we will be working almost exclusively over at the old house in a final push to get it ready for rent next week. The company we are going through is Lighthouse Property Management and we are fairly confident that we will have renters by the end of the month, at least. The prospect of making 2 mortgage payments more than 1 or 2 months is daunting, so we have to get a move on! Wish us luck! If you know of anyone looking to rent a 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath house in Forest Hills, please direct them to us or to our rental company. We surely would appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love the Wall-Pops!