Monday, May 4, 2009

Almost there...almost...there...

With lots of help again this weekend, we were able to finish moving almost everything out of the old house, garage and shed. All that's left is some wood and trim, our sheet-metal brake and some trash. The house needs to be cleaned, although my sister has done a lot of work there already and I should have most of it cleaned by Thursday. We have a little touch-up painting to do and we have to figure out what we want to do with the downstairs Laundry/Bedroom. It needs help. It's the only room in the house that we did not remodel in the 8 years that we lived there. Mike and I are sure to come up with something simple and then we'll be done! Yay!

Now, the new house is a whole other story! Oh, the boxes...and the little things that have yet to be completed. It's driving me batty! I would make a list but I'm afraid that I would get writers cramp! Oh well...one thing at a time, they always say. At least the weather has finally gotten better and with the sun shining through the windows, it gives me extra incentive to keep working so that eventually, I can just go outside with a new book and relax in the warmness.

All in good time.....all in good time....


*On a sad note, Mike and I just received news that a good friend of ours from Mike's days at Western Michigan University has passed away. It was sudden...a car, a tree, no seat belt...they don't mix. I remembering attending her and Steve's wedding in Chicago...such a beautiful girl, so full of life and love. We'll miss you Kelly...

No comments: