Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last Day of Preschool

Lauren, J.J., Alayna, Mrs. Anderson, Nic, Karlie and Tara


Today is the last day of 3 Year Old Preschool for the girls. I have to admit that I'm a little sad that the year went by so fast, that they are growing up so quickly and that I'm losing 5 hours of alone time per week. Overall, I think that the girls both excelled in school and loved every minute of it. Their teacher, Mrs. Anderson, was fantastic and their small class size was definitely a bonus. I know that Lauren and Tara will both miss going to Messiah Lutheran but I have no doubt that they will have just as much fun and growth next fall in Kentwood's Preschool program.

On that note, it's strange that since the girls were born in January, they will be some of the oldest kids in their class. The cut off for Kindergarten is December 1st. Many of their 4 year old friends will be heading to Kindergarten in the Fall, but the girls will have to put in another year of Preschool instead. I don't know whether this is a good thing or not. I feel like they will be better prepared for K than younger children might, but I also worry that they will be bored out of their minds. I guess only time will tell...


The girls both loved Mrs. Anderson!

No comments: