Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Falling Leaves

As Mike and I were working hard to finish putting the shingles up on the roof of the shed Sunday, I noticed movement behind me. When I turned around, the biggest smile crept across my face. Here was Lauren, running around the yard with an old laundry basket that they use for their sand toys. I quickly realized what she was up to.... the wind was pretty feisty at that moment and some of the early leaves were falling off the trees in our back yard. She was trying to catch them in her basket.

She was so engrossed in her mission. So joyous each time she caught one. So completely oblivious to anyone watching her. It was perfect and I loved every minute. These are the moments that I cherish being a mother, when the great emotions of pride, devotion and love bubble up and out. Just to be in that moment is enough.

To the wonder and joy of children....

No comments: