Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring=Busy

Last weekend, we took a little caching trip to IL where Mike and I scored 77 finds on Friday, 101 on Sat. and another 50+ on Sunday. It was a hoot and there was basically no urban caching! It was all farm land, fields, streams, mud, rain and lots of fun! It was definitely our best Geocaching numbers weekend ever and I seriously can't wait to do it again!

Mike has been working his tail off, so last weekend really hit the spot! Did I mention that he got a promotion? Mike is the new Tech-Lead for the P8 program at GE. It's a totally new program for him and he's more than ready to get started. I'm sure Airbus will miss him, though! Congrats, honey! I'm so proud of you!

One of the events that kept us busy this week was Kindergarten Round-Up for the Parents. We were able to meet the Principle at Pine Ridge, both of the Kindergarten teachers, see the classrooms and tour the school. It was very informative and a trip down memory lane for Mike, since this is where he attended elementary school, as well. The girls will most likely be going all day Tuesday and Thursday, with a half day on Friday afternoon. It's kind of a funky schedule but I'm sure we'll grow into it.

I can't believe our babies are going into Kindergarten! Holy smokes! I'm not worried, though. I know that they're going to do great and really thrive in that environment. They'll start to make the friends that could be with them for life, learn so many new skills, and start riding the bus! Oh my...I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it! The Fall can certainly take it's sweet time getting here...I'm in no rush to say, "Good-bye!".

1 comment:

staciw said...

Oh my gosh. I know how you feel. I just enrolled my little girl in kindergarden also. It does bring tears to my eyes. I agree fall doesn't have to come so quickly lol. And by the way I love your bathroom sink. Gorgeous!!!