Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Smarty Pants

Just wanted to take a moment to brag about my hubby...hope he doesn't mind too much. Mike got some really cool news at work late last week. Awhile back, Mike had an idea for a device that would combine multiple current technologies into a product that would greatly enhance a vehicle's vision, particularly aircraft. I don't think that I am allowed to say anymore than that but Mike can add more info if he deems it appropriate.

GE has a great program where engineers are encouraged to submit ideas to their "think-tank" system, where it goes through a review process and so on and so forth. Mike received a call from a patent attorney last week from St. Louis, MO letting him know that GE is interested in patenting his idea and they are moving forward with it. I mean, wow. That is really awesome and I couldn't be happier for him. I can't wait to see how the whole process plays out and if anything actually comes out of his product idea.

So, way to go honey! I'm very proud of you and although I knew I hooked up with a smart guy, you still continue to surprise me with your determination and imagination. :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Way to go Mike!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!! Good job, Mike!