Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Fun Outdoors

It's almost been a week since my last post again and that's irritating. I like to use this medium as a tool to record everyday life, since I know I will forget it all too quickly. I couldn't even tell y0u what I had for lunch yesterday without having to REALLY think hard about it. Life moves so quickly and we change and grow right along with it. I need to do better.

The whole fam took a little day trip up to Newaygo State Park on Saturday to attend an Event put on by Geocachers and also by the State Park to celebrate the 90th Anniversary of the Michigan DNR. We had a great time... Mike gave a Geocaching 101 presentation, hooked up with some newbie cachers on their first ever find, had a wonderful potluck lunch, more caching, and ended with cake and ice cream. It was beautiful day...a perfect Michigan day to be outdoors with our kids, playing with high-end technology to find tupperware in the woods!

The Tikibirds Family at the Event on Saturday


Sunday was Father's Day and another beautiful day it was. We invited both our families over to celebrate the day with us and almost everyone was able to attend. Mike cooked burgers and dogs on the grill and I made strawberry short-cake for dessert. The kids played in the backyard while the adults sat around relaxing and yapping. It was very nice. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe my luck is real. I've got a wonderful husband and father to my children, a great home to raise them in and a fantastic set of relatives to share it with. Does it get any better?

Last night we had a delicious dinner with The Youmans, very dear friends of ours, and then had their help at the old house for a bit. Our new renters are moving-in this weekend (yay!) and come to find out, they have their own washer & dryer and microwave! So, we had to haul the old ones out and we'll be selling them later down the road. Then tonight or tomorrow, we need to go back over and fix one of our sprinklers that someone literally ripped out of the ground and repair the fan in the upstairs bathroom. I think that's it. We are SO ready to not have to pay 2 mortages every month and the new renters seem great...let's just keep our fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

I have another full week, culminating with the wedding of Deane & Linda's daughter on Saturday at their home/property. Since these are two of our favorite people, I am really looking forward to that and am praying extra hard that the weather cooperates for them. Plus, weddings are always happy events, filled with smiles and hugs, well wishes and pats on the back. I can't wait to share in the joy!

No comments: