Sunday, February 28, 2010

Absolute Photography

Our normal portrait studio is no longer in business so I was looking for a new photographer to snap pics of our girls. Luckily, I knew of a fellow Geocaching team that had their own studio in Holland. This couple has a great reputation, fantastic website, blog and sample shots that immediately drew me in...

Unfortunately, to get some of those outside shots that I craved, the weather had to cooperate. Each morning we were scheduled to meet, we literally had a blizzard. On our third try, still a blizzard, but we went anyway, because this is Michigan and trying to outsmart the weather would be pure folly.

Heather (the beautiful half of the team) trudged through snow banks, over fences and got right down in the snow to get the best shots. It was FREEZING out there since we were right on the lake and the wind was crazy, but everyone was in good spirits and had a blast! Then, it was back to the studio for more creative pics. She was nice enough (or mean enough) to post this one little shot of the girls from the in-door session on the studio's Facebook page. She's taunting me...I want to see more!

Next Friday I get to see the proofs and I'm so excited. Can't wait to share them...although I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of dough in the process!

No comments: