Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Disney's PhotoPass

As soon as you walk into any of Disney's Parks, there are photographers everywhere. And once you get your picture taken by one of these fine folks, they will hand you a plastic credit-sized card with a unique bar code on it. Every time you encounter a photographer in any of the parks, especially at those very popular Character signings, the photographer scans your card. Once home, just enter your individual code and all your photos are available to you!

Neat, huh? I thought so too until I saw the price they were charging to get those photos. Now, most of the photos that we took with our own camera turned out even better than the pro's. However, there were a few pics that we didn't get, especially one of our whole family with Mike and Sully from Monster's Inc. and another one from Test Track, that I really wanted in my collection. Then I saw that they wanted $14.95 for a digital download of ONE picture...absurd. I won't pay it. I could get a 4x6 printed picture for $12.95- a real bargain. Not.

In all, there were almost 75 photos that were taken of us or the girls throughout our stay by the Disney Photo guys. I thought maybe they sold a CD with all the pictures that would be a little more reasonable. At $149.95, I think I'm going to have to pass....I find the whole thing really sad. It's expensive enough to take your family to Disney World for the week, add in food, Character meals, lodging and souvenirs, and the price can be downright staggering. Now you get home, and they want you to chalk out another $150 just to get a couple pictures put on a CD that would cost me nothing to take while I was there. Not gonna do it...

I did get some really fantastic photos though and I'll be sharing them with you in the next several days! They didn't cost me anything to take or edit or share. I think they turned out great-you can hardly tell the girls were so incredibly sick! You'll have to let me know what you think!

No comments: