Monday, February 8, 2010

Too much happening!

Wow, if Winter is supposed to be the "down" time of year, I really hate to see what the rest of the Seasons are going to bring! We have been so busy that January just flew by in a blur and we're already a 1/3 of the way through February!

Mike and I spent last weekend in Detroit at a Geocaching Conference. It was really well organized, with some great presentations, and a lot of practical information on the sport. We also had the opportunity to go caching with some of our closest buddies Sat. night and all day Sunday. We nabbed 50 new caches and it felt great! Meanwhile, the girls had a wonderful time at Grandma K's baking cookies, going shopping, watching movies, cooking and just enjoying the snuggle time. I know that I really appreciate the time with just Mike and I, and it makes me even more excited to see the girls once we get back.

Friday we are leaving for Boyne Mountain to take the girls skiing for the week. Mike and I are only staying up through Monday evening and the girls will continue in ski school throughout the week and come home with Grandma & Grandpa B on Friday. This is assuming that all goes well in ski school and they want to continue all week! I'm not a big skiing fan myself, which breaks my husbands heart, but if the girls love it, then I'm prepared to support them 100%. Everyone in my family grew up bowling. In Mike's family, it's skiing. They're both cool in my book!

This will make 4 weekends in a row that we won't be spending at home. There's a real possibility that we're going to be gone the following weekend as well. Things should really slow down after that and maybe we can get some more work done on the house and start thinking about the exterior of the property. Spring is sounding better already.... :)

No comments: