Sunday, January 24, 2010

Turning 5...

Today my babies turned 5 years old. The day started off well with the girls getting themselves up, a delicious home-cooked breakfast and great conversation with our hosts in Cumming, GA. Then things started to fall apart...Lauren threw a fit when we tried to bring out a birthday cake, refused to have us sing "Happy Birthday" to her and then stomped off when we mentioned presents. Whose kid is this?

Once we reluctantly left our friends, we were surprised at the amount of traffic in Atlanta on a Sunday. On top of that, the weather quickly deteriorated to drenching downpours, massive wind gusts, and flooded freeway lanes. It was like this, off and on, all the way to Orlando.

The girls are sick, which just drives me crazy because they are NEVER sick. Great...just great. They were so badly behaved today that at dinner, I actually had to leave the table and walk off my anger. That is a first for me. We even had to cancel their birthday cake at the resturant because they were so naughty....which is really sad. Ugh. I just feel like crying...

I hope and pray that tomorrow will be better. The weather is warm, Disney World is at our backdoor and there is still a little bit of magic left in the air. Keep your fingers crossed for us that it all works out...

Thanks!  :)

P.S. I'm sorry that your birthday wasn't very good, girls. Hopefully the rest of the week will make up for it!

No comments: