Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good News, Ya'll!

I finally got the news that I have been waiting to hear all week! Mike is coming home for GOOD! He just found out tonight that this will be the last of his journeys out to California and when he flies in late Friday night, he won't be flying back out again! Hallelujah!

Oh, what a relief! He is still slated to continue working on the project but from Grand Rapids instead. Eventually, he will transition off and into a new role and project, probably around the beginning of the year. He has done a tremendous job in Burbank and is proud of all the progress they were able to make. He has made some lasting friendships and is looking forward to continuing them once he's back home in GR...

I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! Oh yeah!

On a side note: I went to my first "Teacher Conference" tonight! Now that's scary! They're only 3, right? I am pleased to report that both girls are doing great, know all their colors, shapes, letters and can count to 13 reliably. What more can I ask for? :)

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Woo hoooooooo! The end is in sight and you're gonna make it! Congrats and enjoy your homecoming!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to having Mike home!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Time for a party!

Ren said...

Hey Liz...good idea! I might have to work on that one...think, think, think. I'll keep ya posted!

Vicky said...

We're glad Mike is finally home for good. Hope that doesn't mean you won't keep us posted on yours and the twins adventures. I enjoy reading about them. It kind of brings my "grandchildren" home for a bit....even if they are all boys (except for the two girls). Maybe, if Mike bugs him enough, you can get Bob to go out geocaching with you guys for the first time. He keeps saying he's going to look into it, but never does. Just needs a little prodding from someone who does it. Anyway, HI to all and welcome home, Mike.