Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crazy Daze

That's what my life feels like right now...crazy. I thought it was Wednesday today for most of the morning until the girls asked me where their Show'n'Tell bags were for school today! Doh!

We had such a great time vacationing last week with Mike home from California. We quickly settled into our "family" routine and trip mode. I'm in charge of packing all the clothes and snacks and Mike handles all the electronic and car needs. This is a process that we have used since we first got together and it goes so smoothly. We also have the uncanny ability to pack tight and light, which equates to (1) suitcase for Mike and I, (1) carry-on size case for all the girls clothing, (1) water bag with all of our swimming gear and (1) overnight carry-on size case that we use for the Hotel night only <----this was one of those tips that I read about somewhere a long time ago and took to heart! Super great idea! We pre-pack our Hotel suitcase with one change of clothing for each of us, our pj's and toiletries. This way, we only have 1 item to take with us into the Hotel after a long day of driving! It works, trust me!

We had beautiful weather, traveled through/to Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Delaware, and did lots of Geocaching along the way. We were very sad to see it end and taking Mike back to the airport on Monday was the toughest departure yet.

This week has been insanely busy for me, which is good since it keeps my mind off other worrisome things. I hope to post some pictures from our trip in the next day or two. Stay tuned!

No comments: