Monday, October 27, 2008

He's Baaaaaack!

Ah, life is good. Mike's plane touched down safely on Friday night and our friend, Deane, went to fetch him from the airport for me! We had a busy Saturday getting a Family Portrait taken in the morning, shopping in the afternoon and a Halloween Party in the evening to attend.

All was going well until I went to try on my Halloween costume. No, no...it fit just fine, it's just that after about 60 seconds of wearing it, I started to feel very itchy. Then the sneezing and coughing and hives started! I was having an allergic reaction to the costume and it was coming on fast!
Mike came downstairs at that point, saw what was happening and helped me strip out of it asap! My neck was beet red, hives were starting to form on my neck and face, my throat started to swell and I lost my voice. Yes, it was bad. I was really starting to get scared when I started having difficulty breathing. Mike grabbed the Benadryl and I drank it down quickly-it started to work right away. Needless to say, we didn't go to the party *bummer* and although the itching and hives and sneezing went away, I was still having a rough time breathing and talking hours later. It was a rough night but we got through it. Now it's Monday and the breathing is getting much easier (I found my emergency inhaler which really helped!). We still have no idea what caused the problem other than a suspected case of lingering pet hair/dander (which I am allergic to) from another party years ago. I guess it's time to talk to the Doctor about my options-I can't have that happening too many more times before the Benadryl just isn't fast enough...

On a positive note, we celebrated my parents 30th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday with a nice brunch with the whole family. With Mike home, everyone was there and it made for a great start to our day. We then went Geocaching around town for a few hours and had dinner with our friend Khan and his family. It was a great day! Thanks to everyone who was a part of it!

No comments: