Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF?

I haven't had much of a chance to actually sit down and write lately and I'm feeling the urge right now. I just had a very nice lunch with a high school friend of mine who I haven't seen since our college days. She also has a 3 yr old daughter (plus 2 older boys) and it was fun letting the girls all play together while we caught up on each others lives. She works with patients who are in rehabilitation and has worked with several GBS (Guillain-Barre Syndrome) sufferers, which was quite interesting to me. She mentioned that many are there for months, relearning how to use their bodies again. I feel so blessed that I was able to recover so quickly, and without a lot of lasting effects.

And ya know, it's Friday. Which used to mean something good, but for me these days, it just means another day down and X more to go until Mike comes home. I sometimes feel stuck in that rut of waiting for the better days, when we're all together as a family again, like we're supposed to be. Oh, I try to be strong and all and put on a happy face for the kids, but seriously...I'm tired. I don't want to do this anymore. I want my old life back. Am I being selfish? Yes, of course I am. I want the very best for my kids, I want a nice home to raise them in, but what I really NEED is some stability.

This year has been crazy and until things are put right again, I guess that I'm just gonna "keep on keeping on", and as those popular words of wisdom say, "We are not given more than we can handle." But can I ask for just a little break from the "more" for the time being? Probably not, huh.... :)

No comments: