Monday, July 13, 2009

The House was Hot!

We had our "Housewarming" party yesterday and we seriously could not have asked for a better day! It was 78 and sunny, with a light breeze and no humidity. Perfect. The house actually looked really good...no...it looked great! By far the nicest it has looked since we've owned it and probably long before that. We had a great turn out of friends and family who came out to share in our happiness and hard work. It was a lot of fun and Mike and I finally feel like we can relax a bit and just enjoy our home for a change! Yippee!

I wanted to post a pic or two of our completed family room. I think that we put more time and sweat into this room than any other. It has become my favorite place in the house to go to when I just want to hang out and relax, read a book or watch all the nature outside our windows. Mike and I are happy with how it turned out and are looking forward to spending a lot of quality time in it for years to come.

We even have a little wet bar area with a nice microwave, mini-fridge and sink. There are also built-in shelves on the side and lots of storage underneath. We also want to add more shelving, a wine rack and a place for all of our "party" glasses. All in good time I guess...

This week is going to be blissfully quiet with no major plans on the horizon for a couple weeks. I am going to finally finish the twins photobook for years 3 thru 4 by Friday-that's my goal. Be sure to wish me luck!

No comments: