Friday, July 17, 2009

Photos Everywhere!

With the blissfully cool invention of digital cameras, we no longer have to worry about using all the film (which was expensive) or having to pay for all the pictures to be developed. I try to use my camera as much as possible to capture the mundane, the cool-to-me, the moments I don't want to forget. Sometimes, this results in way too many pics!

I just hate to delete photos off my computer. Even if they are not the best quality, I worry that I will want it someday or maybe I can help solve a crime! Yeah right! :) I assume it's the same theory/excuse that we all use to keep a bunch of junk-I mean "precious treasures"- around that we never use but continue to keep stored away in a dark, cardboard cube. It surely must be time for a garage sale....ugh, I getting off subject!

Anyway, I have completed-ish the girls 3-4 year photobook and am getting ready to order it this evening. In going through all the photos of the girls from 2008, I realized that there were thousands of pictures and it took me hours to go through them and pick my favorites. It got to be so overwhelming that I ended up just limiting the book to "trips" that we took, even if it wasn't far from home. I really like how it's coming together, now that I have a semi-theme to work with. I'll post a link to view it on-line once it's sent to the publisher so everyone can take a peek!

Happy picutre snapping, everyone!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I know what you mean with so many photos. Sometimes it is very hard to manage. We have over 45K photos and still in the process of organizing. What a big job. Excited to see the photo book you put together sounds great!