Monday, July 20, 2009

VBS

The girls are attending their first Vacation Bible School this week with Grandma Brace. I have never attended one nor have I seen one in action but the theme is "Crocodile Dock" and it is sure to involve crafts, singing, stories, exploration and all the other things that make learning fun for kids.

I actually had to wake the twins up this morning at 7:45 so that they would be ready in time. I was graced with children who normally sleep til 8:30 or 9am. Which means I get to sleep longer too. It only reaffirms my decision to choose afternoon preschool again for the Fall. Why not let us all (sorry, Mikey, I know that you have to get up for work) have 1 more year of late mornings before it's all over for the next 13 or so years. Anywho, Grandma is dropping them back off at Noon each day and then it's over to Daddy's work to grab him for lunch.

Having the whole house to myself is very strange and liberating at the same time. I turned the music up loud, I played on the computer, I picked up and straightened on the main level, I talked on the phone and no one cared! No one asked for a snack! It was crazy! And....I liked it! The rest of the week is looking top notch now! Not to mention that Mike and I are getting away, starting on Friday, for a weekend without the kids! Imagine my luck!

It's gonna be a great week.... :)

No comments: