Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First Day of Preschool!

Here they are in all their glory! It's the first day of Preschool and they were so impatient with me for wanting to take their picture, while they just wanted to run down the stairs and start class! It was a perfect Fall day, 70 degrees, sun shining and a cool breeze. With all the rain we had last weekend, everything seems extra green and fresh and great way to start the school year!

And as I am looking at this picture, it brings me back to yesterday when we stopped by the Dr.'s office to pick up their medical forms. They let me weigh and measure the girls. It hadn't been done since January and by golly, I was curious! At the 3 1/2 mark, they have finally begun to separate away from being so similar in stature. Lauren is 40 in. tall and 35 pounds and Tara is 38 in. tall and 31 pounds. You can really see Lauren's height in the photo! Oh how I wish they wouldn't grow up so fast!

They were greeted warmly by their teacher and they had a great time, I think. Tara was crying when I got there to pick them up. I could hear her asking for me from inside the classroom and I just wanted to go in there and comfort her. However, class was still in session and I had to remain calm and trust that she was getting the best care, maybe she just wasn't getting her way. And sure enough, she was upset because her teacher asked her to help pick up and she wanted to keep playing instead! Go figure...

They are already talking about all the fun things that they are going to be doing on Thursday and I'm already thinking about all that I can get accomplished while they're gone! Is that bad?



Lauren and Tara's Cubby and their backpacks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could have been there.... I miss you all!

Vicky said...

Hi, Ren. I know exactally how you felt leaving the girls at preschool. I went through that four times. You'll only be doing that once, but I wonder if it's easier leaving two children one time then leaving four children once time four times! (Figure that out!) Probably not. It was just as hard watching baby Amy leaving for school as it was to watch her big brother, Robbie, 12 years earlier. I guess that's motherhood and they do grow up all too fast. My advice is to just enjoy them as much as you can while you can and they are still young. (Bet you wonder where your babies went, too. I do and my babies are 38, 37, 31, and 26.)

Wendy said...

Adorable! Love the tights.