Saturday, September 13, 2008

School Daze

Earlier in the week I posted about taking the girls to some classes being offered by our school district and how much we were looking forward to them. Since our original class was canceled, we were enrolled in another offering that started on Thursday. We got to the classroom and lo and behold, nobody's there! (I also want to point out that this class was taking place at the Aquatic Center, which just brought up a whole other set of problems, such as trying to explain to two budding swimmers why we were at the pool but not going in it!)

So I walk to the administration office and ask where the class is. I am then politely told that the class time was moved to an hour later. I literally just stared at the lady. What was I supposed to tell the girls now! I asked for a refund and walked dejectedly back to my car.

I was not happy, not happy at all. So, as soon as I got home I jumped on the trusty web and started looking for Preschool classes for 3 year olds. I knew that I was already way behind the eight ball on this one but I was determined. My persistant calls lead me down the road of: No Openings, 1 Opening, Way Too Expensive,You're located WHERE? and so on and so forth. But finally, a light began to shine and after 4 phone calls trying to track down the right person, I enrolled the girls at Messiah Lutheran Preschool in the afternoon session, 12:30-3pm, every Tuesday and Thursday. Class was not beginning until NEXT week and they offered a "Twins" discount! Bonus!

I took the girls to meet their teacher, Mrs. Anderson, and see their classroom that very night. They were so excited and so am I. I should have just done this in the first place but a little part of me worried that I would be forcing them to grow up too fast and that my "babies" weren't ready. I'm sure every parent struggles with this from time to time. I know that they are going to have fun, be in a safe and loving environment, make new friends, and learn quite a bit as well. And hey, I will have 2 1/2 hours all to myself 2 days per week! How am I going to handle that???!!!! :)

Today we found backpacks, some new school clothes and supplies. I also found out that shopping for school stuff after school starts is a very good way to save a ton of dough! So here's to Preschool and all that it entails...I'm sure that this new expierence will give me lots to think about and write about as well. Stay tuned for Lauren and Tara's First Day of School!

No comments: