Friday, September 19, 2008

The Power of eBay

I love eBay. There, I said it. You gotta problem with that? :)

I hope not because it means that I'm spending my money getting quality items for way less than retail and I'm selling my stuff to make the money back! It's really a wonderful little world marketplace.

I just listed my first couple of items for sale and it's been fun watching them get bid on (or not) and how many people are out there watching my listings! Very interesting and addicting all at the same time!

I usually use it for clothes for the girls. It's so nice to have other parents of Twins out there who are selling their last seasons wardrobes. I've never had a bad experience and I think that it has changed a lot in the past couple of years. It's amazing how many buyers and sellers alike have a 100% Rating with hundreds or thousands of transactions. It didn't used to be that way. I trust more people now and that's a good thing!

It's also one of the best places to find that rare or missing item from your collection. An autograph, artwork, bedding, electronics galore! You name it! And it also helps you to value some of those things in your own home that you were always wondering about. It's a wonderful resource.

Do any of you use eBay? What has your experience been? I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I really enjoy using ebay. We sold a bunch of Andy's old pilot stuff -- that we either had copies of or was just old. We made about 80% of retail price off it all. Those pilots are looking for a deal.
I have sold clothes too and have had a mixed experience with the sales.
I agree that it is fun to watch the biding, etc. I think I could spend an extra hour or so at work and make more money than putting up ebay items but I just enjoy watching, etc.