Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hello Snow...

We woke up this morning to a wintry white and while most of it melted during the afternoon hours, it has continued to snow for most of the day. It is Michigan, it is November and it is cold. I do love the changing of the Seasons here but Winter is definitely my least favorite. I'm more of a "tropical" girl-ya know, palm trees and warm sunshine and pina coladas!

And speaking of tropical, we'll be heading down to Panama City Beach, FL in just a few days to spend Thanksgiving week with family and friends in the warmer climate. It's really hard to pack for trips like this one because it's so cold here and warm there-I almost have to have 3 sets of clothes for all of us!
  • Michigan clothes-sweaters and fleece
  • Tennessee clothes-jeans and long sleeves
  • Florida clothes-shorts and t-shirts
Since we are driving, we will be traveling through a total of 6 States (almost 1000 miles straight North to South) and the weather can vary significantly. I just like to be prepared for anything, especially with the little ones. All THEY really care about is packing their swimming suits. Getting to the pool or hot tub is their number #1 priority so maybe I should pack those first!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend! It's sure to be another busy week ahead....

No comments: