Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rock it!

Tonight we are headed out with the girls to see the Radio City Rockettes at the Van Andel Arena. It's a gift from Grandma (who'll be joining us) and it will be the first time that the girls have ever been to a live show as big as this! It should be fun-let's just keep our fingers crossed the girls make it through the whole thing without a major meltdown or falling asleep!

***Health Update***

Saw the Dr. today as I do every few weeks and we talked about the debate to keep me on blood thinners for life or trying to wean me off on my 1 year anniversary of the clots. There is a strong argument for both sides and I'm not really sure how to feel. I trust my Dr. to look out for my best interests and right now, he would really like to see me be able to stop taking the drugs in the near future. So, to be able to do that, I am having a CT on my chest (heart and lungs) this Friday to access the situation. We are hoping for clear lungs and normal heart size/function.
I have been having dizzy/lightheadedness/nausea spells for the last week as well so I now have some anti-vertigo medication that I hope will help. One more reason to get checked out!
On a positive note, I have also been losing weight. I am now down about 50 pounds from last year that this time. I have a long way to go in that category but I'm feeling great about looking better! One step at a time, right? :)

And at some point this week, I should really consider packing for our trip to FL. I mean, we're leaving on Saturday and I have not even started! There's always tomorrow, I guess!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It is great to hear the positive updates! Good job Ren and hope that everything comes back normal from your scans.

Have a wonderful trip to Florida.

Vicky said...

Hi, Ren. Hope your trip to Florida was great. Where were you guys sitting at the Van Andel as Bob and I went to see the Rockettes also? Weren't they great? I loved how they made it seem like the bus was really moving through New York City. And the live nativity scene was just beautiful. I'll bet the girls just loved it all! (BTW, Jenni and I have toured through Radio City Music Hall in NYC and saw the costumes being made, plans being laid out, some of the Rockettes practicing, etc. Of course, this was in about 1988, so it was a while ago.)