Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So here we are...

It's been over a week again, and I have failed to record life's ever-changing moments. Last week was so busy, it's a blur. Mike had a horrible work schedule, we were busy EVERY night (which is not a bad thing but I think it was TOO much) and I had a lot of tasks that needed to be accomplished in a short amount of time. I was so glad when Sunday night finally arrived that by Monday, I vowed I wasn't going to do anything that wasn't absolutely necessary.

This plan works in theory, although the state of the girls bedroom as I stepped into it Monday morning, made me realize that it had been neglected for far too long. Oh, the girls are in charge of picking it up every night before bed, so it wasn't messy, per se. I just noticed that their drawers were full of clothes that no longer fit them, they still had unpacked boxes of bedroom "stuff" hidden in their closet and shelves that should have been erected a year ago were still sitting quietly on, that's right, another shelf.

Mike helped me hang the shelves and hangers for the girls backpacks. I unpacked, organized, cleaned, hung and folded, vacuumed and dusted until the room felt better than it ever had before. The girls squealed in delight at the happy space left behind and haven't complained once about keeping it neat and tidy. We'll how long it lasts, but I'll gladly take it for now!

We also decided on a Cruise Vacation that we are going to be taking with Mike's immediate family next April. I'll tell you more about that tomorrow! Caribbean, here we come!

No comments: