Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Study Hard

I wish I had a good picture of what this room looked like before the transformation. Mike and I each have our own desks now, and there's plenty of storage for all of our office supplies, books and other miscellaneous paraphernalia.

 This was the only room on the main floor, with the exception of the laundry room, that hadn't really been touched. Yes, we repainted it before we moved in ( I refer to is as Fish's Room since he helped to paint it) and put in new carpet, just like all the other spaces in the house. But, that's where the renovations stopped. It ended up becoming our "catch-all" room, where we would quick stash paperwork, boxes, Geocaching stuff, Lauren and Tara's artwork, etc. It was a mess and it was embarrassing, at least to me.

I had envisioned a wall unit like this from the beginning. It was so much fun seeing my vision become a reality. Mike did a great job building all of the units, joining them and attaching them to the wall. I worked for days sorting boxes, unpacking office supplies, tossing a lot of trash, organizing and cleaning. I think that I emptied 4 or 5 more boxes from the move that had yet to be unpacked!

I do spend a lot of time in this space and it's such a great feeling to finally feel happy in it! Our study being complete allows me to check one of the "big" things off the list, but more importantly, it makes this house feel a little bit more like home.

3 comments:

Kara said...

The office looks great! You guys are doing such an awesome job!

PolkaDotGaloshes said...

Looks great!! What a wonderful space and so organized, come and do my place...lol! Love the wall unit, how fun to see your vision come together =)

Anna said...

WOW! Looks Great!