Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Girls Night Out

I finally had a chance to get out of the house last night and spend an evening with some of my girlfriends. We all used to work together so it's nice to get together every once in a while and hang out, catch up and relax. We had a yummy dinner at NOODLES and then caught a flick over at Celebration Cinema. Somebody, not me mind you, wanted to see "Marley & Me" and let me just say that it was good that I carried a full set of tissues in my purse! Geeezzzz....talk about a tear-jerker! I had not had a chance to read the book, not being a dog lover and all, so I wasn't prepared for the emotional turmoil that the movie would conger up. It really was a good movie, which also surprised me, so I would recommend checking it out: but be forwarned that a super-sized order of Kleenex might be in order before the 2 hours is up!

When I got home, my dear husband had put the little kiddies to bed, picked up the house and tidied up the kitchen-what more could I ask for? Well... Mike? Do you want to sit down and watch a chick-flick with me? Yes, I know it's another English period-piece but I heard it's really good...please? Yes, I know I just got back from the theater...but that Netflix package is staring at me! Needless to say, I won, and I can honestly atest to the fact that it was one of the most relaxing evenings that I have spent in a very long while. It was really nice.....

Now back to my regularly scheduled programming: The Laundry

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Girl's Night is always a good thing-gives you a whole new perspective on things back at home. Weather permitting, I'm heading out Saturday with 2 caching friends and we are calling it "3 Friends-we don't care if it is cold-Caching Adventure."
Keep warm up there-Sharon

Anonymous said...

Alright...."Your Wildest Dreams"...Thanks Ren....Made my day....Uncle Dan

Wendy said...

You should read the book Marley & Me too. It is a bit different than the movie. I like both of them.