Monday, January 26, 2009

Party Mania

I am well aware that I entered the world of absolute insanity when I agreed to let the girls have a "kids" birthday party. All of my hopes...and fears came to fruition on Saturday night as we welcomed 17 kids into our home, ages 1 to 11, for a big celebration for the twins. We had "Dee Jay" the Clown over to put on a show for the kids and they all had a great time with that. We had some free play, 2 organized games (Toss the Marshmallows and Pin-the-Nose-on-the-Clown), present opening and cake & ice cream. Overall, the party was a big hit and I can honestly say that we had no injuries, no need to discipline and or scold, no throwing up and very few tears.

We had one little girl who had an accident, which was no big deal, and another who was afraid of the clown, but it was our girls who finally imploded at 8:40 or so and started crying and screaming and failing arms and becoming so hysterical we had to remove them from their own party! My worst nightmare...

Fortunately, they eventually calmed down and were able to say goodbye to the last of their guests and get to sleep without too much further fussing. Whew. Glad that's over with and I'm also glad we are not doing that again next year! Disney World-here we come!!!!!!

Many of the kids with their balloon hats!

No comments: