Monday, January 12, 2009

Whoa...what a Road Rally!

Mike and I held our first ever Michigan Geo Rally yesterday and it was such a blast! The weather was nice and snowy, as usual, but the roads really weren't that bad. We had 22 cars competing with a 2 hour time limit in which to be back. The first car rolled in at about 33 min. and the 2nd place teams were merely seconds behind them. Most of the cars made it back around the 1 hour mark, with the last 3 cars just beating the clock to get back before the deadline.
We had about 50 teams at the Rally and over 100 people participating overall. Not too shabby! This was our biggest and most successful event thus far and we are already contemplating when and how to set-up the next one!
I don't have any pictures available yet on this computer but will be sure to work on that in the next day or so.

I'm finishing up the invitations for the Girls Birthday Party on the 24th and should have them in the mail by tomorrow. We have "Dee Jay" the Clown all lined up to entertain the kiddos, games and treats and all the good stuff that a kids party entails. Let's just hope that no one breaks anything and no one throws up! That's my goal anyway!

I finally have an appointment to go see a Hematologist on Thursday morning, so that should finally give me some of the answers I've been waiting for. With luck, I'll be able to get off the blood thinners in March for good. Speaking of blood, I've been dealing with a bloody nose every morning for the past week or two and it's really starting to get annoying. I know that it's just a side effect of the dry house and medication-those who know me know that I don't do well with blood (go figure!) so the sooner I can get back to my normal self, the better!

On a lighter note, I was thoroughly embarrassed yesterday at the Rally when another Geocaching Team came over to inform me that my youngest was "mooning" some older boys over in the corner of the room. Seriously? No...not my kids. Seriously! Urrrrggggg..... Tara was given a nice little speach about her "private parts" and the boys were given my best "evil eye". Oh boy, the antics of preschoolers-what's next? Nevermind, don't tell me.....

1 comment:

PolkaDotGaloshes said...

Wow what a great turn out for your rally! How fun!!! Sounds like Tara was providing quite the entertainment....lol! Good luck at your doc's appointment, hope they have the answers for you =)