Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Preschool Woes

Now that we are moving several miles away from where the twins are currently attending preschool, I have started looking for other nearby programs that would work well for our family. We will be much closer to the Forest Hills Preschool program than where we are now, so I thought that might be a good option.

However, I am finding that living in Cascade is having some draw backs that I hadn't anticipated. Money. All the programs that I have called this week (6 total) basically charge the same amount, per child, with no discounts for twins. Twins are great and neat and cool and everything else, until situations like this come up. Ugh.

We currently pay $144 per month for both girls to go to Messiah Lutheran. I can not find a program in our new area for less than $145 per child, per month! That's double what we are paying now! I have contacted the directors for Christian-based schools, the public school and independent centers as well, such as GYMCO, which offers gymnastics as part of its curriculum. Same basic price at all of them-the only difference being the class times and days of the week. Now, I could stick with what we know and keep them at Messiah, but I would be driving 20min each way, 3 days a week. Cascade Christian Preschool is just down the hill from our new house and would be very convenient for us, but is $150 more per month worth it? Man, I just don't know what to do...and the worst part is that a lot of the programs are already filling up for next Fall...decisions, decisions.

If anyone else knows of a good preschool at a reasonable price, I would love to hear about it!

No comments: