Monday, December 1, 2008

December? Already?

A few days ago we were sunning ourselves on the beach and swimming in the outdoor pool. Today, the girls built a snowman and I had to use 4-Wheel Drive to get around town. What's wrong with this picture?!

And while we are on the subject of crazy things, where did December come from? I just can't believe how quickly the days fly by-you blink and another year is over with a new one hovering just around the corner. For example, I starting working on our annual Christmas Letter for our Christmas cards just before we left on vacation and I was having some real trouble. The multitude of events on our life in 2008 was making itself into more of a short story than a quick synopsis. Sigh...maybe if I just left out all the bad parts, everything would fit! But alas, the bad parts are the real parts too and make us the people we are, which is what our friends and family really care about, right?

My Holiday shopping is about 1/2 done and I intend to complete most of the rest this week-not going out this past weekend, as is tradition, really put a dent in my gift gathering schedule but have no fear-the internet is here!!!! I love shopping on the web anyway-best way to find the absolute cheapest prices on those hot items. Who else out there uses the web to find their gifts? I'd be curious if you always end up at the same sites, such as eBay and Amazon, like I do. Did you know that if you get a PRIME membership with Amazon.com ($79 annually) that you get FREE 2-Day delivery on most items and Overnight shipping is only $4! We did this last year and I can not tell you how valuable it became so we signed up again this year and it's already paid for itself! Just a little tidbit that I thought I would pass along to you...

P.S.
I finally had my CT Scan today down at the Hospital (rescheduled from a week ago) and all went well. Now, the waiting game begins...anyone want to place a bet on how long it takes for anyone to tell me what the results were? :)

No comments: