Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowglobe on Steroids!

That's what it looks like out there! We had something like 15 inches of snow by 2pm on Friday, a beautifully blue but cold day on Saturday and today we awoke to 35 mph wind gusts and more snow! It can stop already!

Friday's snow was so deep that people all over the city were getting stuck on the side streets. With 1-2 inches falling per hour, the plows just couldn't keep up! Mike and I helped several people in our neighborhood get home, even towing their cars with our Yukon. We let several neighbors borrow our 10hp snow "thrower" (as Mike likes to call it) and dug others out. It was crazy but also a good way to come together, reconnect and lend a helping hand.

We got Mike's parents off to Florida yesterday, after the second attempt. There were so many flights canceled and delayed and rerouted-but I think they finally made it to PCB! And I couldn't help but check out the forecast for down there-Thursday, December 25th...78 degrees!!!!! Now that would be weird....but I think I could handle it!

The girls are really chomping at the bit to get outside and play with all that new snow but with wind chills below zero, I don't think it's going to be happening any time soon. But I'll get the scarves and hats for the snowmen ready anyway-just in case!

No comments: