Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jingle Bells...

So I finally heard back from the Doctor's office yesterday regarding the results of my CT Scan. In a note mailed to me from my Dr. he explained that the CT showed that there was still an area of clots in my lungs but that there didn't appear to be any new ones. Now, I'm not exactly sure how to react to that. I would think that being on the blood thinners, it would be virtually impossible for my body to be forming blood clots, so not having new ones doesn't surprise me. However, I really didn't think that I would still have them in my lungs from all the way back in March. I mean, isn't this serious?

Logically, I have to think that if it was really serious, I would have gotten a phone call and had an appointment set up to talk about it. As of right now, we are just supposed to "discuss" it at my next monthly appointment. On the other hand, I can't help thinking that this is not good. Did you know that 15% of all sudden deaths are caused by Pulmonary Embolisms? What am I DOING! I'm starting to scare myself for no reason! Plus, my appointment isn't for another week...great...another 7 days to think and fret about it. Arrrrgggg...why can't anything be easy?

WAIT...I do know something that was easy! Getting our Christmas pictures taken last night was EASY! The girls did fantastic and our family photo turned out really nice as well! I will post some once I get the cards out-don't want to spoil it for anyone! ;)

That's all for now...gotta go pick those little munchkins up from school. I wonder what they made for me today? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ren! It's Darrell! Do not worry about the clots. Yes it is serious but it takes a long time for the blood thinners to dissolve clots. The clot in my leg took well over a year to completely dissolve.

Ren said...

Darrell! Oh, it's so nice to hear from you! If anyone knows anything about clots, it's you...and I trust you. So I will take comfort in your words and not worry (much) about it!
Thanks!
Ren