Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh boy....

Last night was not much fun, I'll put it that way. While celebrating Christmas with our friends Deane and Linda, Tara decided to "lose it" in the downstairs bathroom. Now, it could have been worse but it was pretty contained on my favorite rug....nice. At that point, we just chalked it up to over-excitement or too many sweets. We all went to bed early, hoping that would be the end of it.

Ha! No way! Next was Lauren at 12:30am, then Tara, then Lauren....you get the picture. I ran out of sheets and blankets and pillowcases sometime around 3am and had the laundry going full throttle. Mike was a big help, as always, and finally took over the process on his own after 3am. I was starting to have a serious breakdown by that point.

It's now 9:30am, both the girls are up and snuggled up together on the couch. I am afraid to give them anything to eat and I know that every parent goes through this dilemma at some point or another. Small sips of water seems to be staying down ok, so I think we'll stick with that for now. Now the waiting game begins to see if Mike or I are next. We're still not sure if it was food poisoning (they both had the same dinner and lunch) or something more severe. Please keep your fingers crossed for us that this is the end and we'll all be healthy enough to enjoy a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh boy...!
We'll be in GR soon--hope to see you! (Still working out plans.)