Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting Ready...

December is such a CRAZY month! There is just so much going on, which really sets up a love/hate relationship for me. I love watching the kids decorate the Christmas tree, their excitement over Santa, picking just the right gifts for our friends and family, and spending time together. I also dread the packing/unpacking of decorations, never ending Holiday commercials, bills and not enough time to go around for everyone.

We did some much needed cleaning this weekend and have more to do this week. Our goal is to get the house ready for Christmas and our New Years party as soon as possible so that we can enjoy our space even more. Do you ever think about your space? Are you happy with it, what's in it, how it looks, etc? I do not do a very good job of keeping things neat and tidy and this effects my home-my space. I want to work harder to remedy that and we've made a good start-the 2 biggest rooms are done and the kitchen (ahhhhhhhh!!!!!) is next! Be afraid....be very afraid...

We get our annual Holiday Portraits taken tomorrow evening, which is good because I really want to get our cards out by next Monday. Please keep your fingers crossed (like mine) that all goes well and the girls cooperate. They usually do a great job but once in awhile, Lauren withdraws or Tara turns sour and it's all over. Lucky for us, we have a SADIE'S here in Grand Rapids (there are only a handful in the US) and they are the BEST! They do make it hard for kids not to have a great time...and hard on my wallet too! :)

Countdown til Christmas: Only 15 Days Left!!!!

No comments: